Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
this looked so yummy. i saw it on a food network wedding special, the recipe is by rachael ray.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus
- more extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄3 lbs beef sirloin, cut into large bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch squares
- steak seasoning or coarse salt
- black pepper
- bamboo skewer (6 to 8 inch)
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and onions and saute 5 minutes.
- Add vodka and boil to reduce by half. Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and horseradish.
- Stir to combine the dipping sauce and return the sauce to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings.
- Heat nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Coat meat bites lightly in oil.
- Season with steak seasoning blend or salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook the meat until caramelized all over, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer dipping sauce to a small dish and place at the center of a serving platter.
- Surround the dip with meat bites and set several bamboo "stakes" or skewers alongside meat.
This was good, but we were not that excited about the dipping sauce. Maybe just personal taste. Thanks for the recipe.
This was a great addition to a New Years eve party. The suace is a little too vodka flavored, I will probably try it with less next time. All in all everyone loved it
I tried this recipe for a New Years party that I threw - and it was very popular! Very simple - but its easy to over cook the beef - be careful!