this looked so yummy. i saw it on a food network wedding special, the recipe is by rachael ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus
- more extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 lbs beef sirloin, cut into large bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch squares
- steak seasoning or coarse salt
- black pepper
- bamboo skewer (6 to 8 inch)
- 1Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and onions and saute 5 minutes.
- 2Add vodka and boil to reduce by half. Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and horseradish.
- 3Stir to combine the dipping sauce and return the sauce to a simmer.
- 4Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings.
- 5Heat nonstick skillet over high heat.
- 6Coat meat bites lightly in oil.
- 7Season with steak seasoning blend or salt and pepper, to taste.
- 8Cook the meat until caramelized all over, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 9Transfer dipping sauce to a small dish and place at the center of a serving platter.
- 10Surround the dip with meat bites and set several bamboo "stakes" or skewers alongside meat.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Bites With Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.6
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 372.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.8 g