Recipe by English_Rose
This recipe comes from the Witchery restaurant in Edinburgh. A good one for impressing your guests.
Top Review by Velouria
Delicious! This is the kind of food my husband loves, so I know I'll be making this again. Rich, meaty flavor. I used mushrooms from a local farm, which were fabulous. My husband's favorite spirit is Scotch whiskey, so I usually have it on hand; it adds so much flavor to the dish. Next time I'll post a photo. Thanks for the recipe!
- 4 rib eye steaks
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pan fry the steaks to desired 'doneness' and keep warm.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter. Sauté the chopped shallot until soft.
- Add the whisky to the pan and carefully set it alight.
- When the flame goes out add the grain mustard, broth and mushrooms.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until the sauce has reduced by half, stirring from time to time.
- Add the chopped parsley just before serving.
- Season well. Pour over steaks to serve.