1/1 Photo of Steak, Avocado, & Bean Salad
This salad is delicious, and so easy! Tender strips of lime-garlic marinated steak, pinto or black beans, avocado, tomatoes, crushed tortilla chips, and more served on a bed of fresh greens with a wonderful tangy dressing. From a wonderful little book picked up in the bargain section at the book store--simply titled Easy Meals-Mexican. Very easy and fast to put together...don't let the ingredient list throw you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces tender steak, like sirloin
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 limes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch sugar
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 7 -10 ounces prepared salad greens
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (14 ounce) can black beans or 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, pitted,sliced,and tossed with a bit of the juice from one of the limes
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 green chili peppers or 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- generous handful tortilla chips, broken into pieces
- 1Place the steak in a large zip top bag, or nonmetal dish with the garlic, juice from 1/2 of one of the limes, and 3 tbsp olive oil, set aside to marinate while you make the dressing and prepare the salad.
- 2For the dressing: Combine the juice from 1 whole lime, the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and the pinch of sugar.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Pan fry the steak, or broil, until browned on the outside and cooked to your liking on the inside.
- 5Remove from the pan, let it sit for a few minutes, then slice into thin strips.
- 6Toss the green onions with the salad greens and arrange on seving plates.
- 7Pour some dressing over the greens, reserving some for topping the salad later.
- 8Put some beans, avocado, and tomatoes over the greens next, topping with the chile, cilantro and corn.
- 9Arrange the steak over the greens, then add some crushed chips over that.
- 10Divide the rest of the dressing over the salads, serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak, Avocado, & Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.4
- Calories from Fat 550
- Total Fat 61.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 114.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 39.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar