Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the book, Florence Henderson's Short-Cut Cooking.
Make and share this Steak Au Poivre With Dried Cherries recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the broth, orange juice, cranberry juice, dried cherries, brown sugar, and salt to taste.
- Cook until the mixture is reduced by half, 5-8 minutes.
- While the broth mixture is cooking, press the cracked pepper into both sides of the steaks.
- Press hard so it will stick to the surface of the meat.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Cook all of the steaks until browned on both sides and done to your liking.
- This will take about 2-3 sides about 2-3 minutes on each side for rare steaks, and longer for medium or well-done.
- Remove steaks to a warm plate.
- Add the brandy to the skillet and cook until the mixture is reduced by half, 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the rosemary leaves into the pan and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the dried cherry mixture to the pan and cook until the sauce is thickened somewhat, about 5 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings and add salt to taste.
- To serve, place a pool of sauce on each dinner plate and lay the steaks on top of each. Serve immediately.