Enjoy a classic carnivorous treat with this luxurious recipe for griddled steak with a green peppercorn sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 teaspoons green peppercorns, drained
- 7 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup red wine
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 1Melt the butter with the olive oil in a medium, heavy-based frying pan.
- 2Add in the carrot, onion and garlic. Fry gently until softened.
- 3Add in 6 teaspoons of green peppercorns, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat and add in the brandy. Return to the heat and simmer gently until reduced by half.
- 5Add the red wine, mixing well, and simmer until reduced by half.
- 6Finally add the stock and reduce by two-thirds.
- 7Strain the sauce and add the heavy cream and 2 teaspoons of green peppercorns. Set aside, allowing all the flavours to infuse. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 8Preheat a griddle pan until very hot. Brush the steak with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 9Cook the steak on the griddle pan, allowing 2 minutes each side for rare, 4 minutes each side for medium and 6 minutes each side for well done.
- 10Serve the freshly griddled steak with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Au Poivre Vert
Serving Size: 1 (1716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1812.1
- Calories from Fat 1102
- Total Fat 122.4 g
- Saturated Fat 53.5 g
- Cholesterol 402.5 mg
- Sodium 2470.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 95.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: