- 1 lb cremini mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach (or arugula)
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced shallot (or white onion)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (1 lb) New York strip steak, trimmed, seasoned with salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss mushrooms, spinach, shallots, parsley, and mint together in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large saute pan over med-high heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, then toss with spinach salad.
- Sear steak in same pan in bacon drippings to desired doneness, 6-7 minutes per side for med-rare.
- Let steak rest 5 minutes, thinly slice against the grain into strips.
- Divide salad among four plates and top with steak strips; serve with lemon-pepper vinaigrette (posted separately).