Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 6.5 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 4.5 grams net carbs, 46.5 grams protein, 50 grams fat, 685 cal
- 59.14 ml peppercorn, mixed, crushed
- 4 boneless sirloin shell steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml ketchup, no sugar added
- 29.58 ml cognac
- To crush peppercorns, place them in a plastic bag and flatten with rolling pin or the flat side of a knife.
- Spread peppercorns on work surface and press both sides of the steak into the peppercorns to coat well.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in large heavy skillet over med-high heat, until hot but not smoking.
- Add 2 steaks and cook for 5 min on each side for med-rare doneness.
- Remove steaks from skilelt and tent with foil.
- Repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and steaks.
- Add cream, ketchup, cognac, and salt to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring and scraping up any browned bits.
- Lower heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minute Pour sauce over steaks and serve immediately.