From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 6.5 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 4.5 grams net carbs, 46.5 grams protein, 50 grams fat, 685 cal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To crush peppercorns, place them in a plastic bag and flatten with rolling pin or the flat side of a knife.
- 2Spread peppercorns on work surface and press both sides of the steak into the peppercorns to coat well.
- 3Heat 2 tbsp oil in large heavy skillet over med-high heat, until hot but not smoking.
- 4Add 2 steaks and cook for 5 min on each side for med-rare doneness.
- 5Remove steaks from skilelt and tent with foil.
- 6Repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and steaks.
- 7Add cream, ketchup, cognac, and salt to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring and scraping up any browned bits.
- 8Lower heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minute Pour sauce over steaks and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Au Poivre - Atkins - 4.5 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.7
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 108.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: