Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
Easy and impressive.
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 -5 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Crush peppercorns in mortar with pestle or in clean cloth with hammer or flat side of meat mallet.
- Press crushed peppercorns into both sides of steak with palm of hand.
- Cover with waxed paper and let stand in refrigerator 30 min.
- Heat butter to bubbling in large frying pan.
- Add steaks and pan fry 3-4 min.
- Sprinkle with salt and brown on second side, cooking to rare-3-4 min.
- Sprinkle salt on second side and remove steaks to warm platter and keep hot.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Sauce: Stir brandy into drippings and cook 5 min.
- ,stirring occasionally.
- Add heavy cream and cook slowly 10 min.
- ,stirring constantly.
- Serve with steaks.