Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I have almost totally reworked it. It is very good, though, and quite easy.
- 4 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 lbs boneless steak
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons glace de viande
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Coarsely crack peppercorns.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with crushed peppercorns, pressing in firmly with fingers.
- Let steak stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saute pan over medium high heat.
- Saute the steaks, turning once when browned, to medium rare.
- Remove steak to a warm plate.
- Mix brandy, water and glace together.
- Deglaze the pan with brandy mixture.
- Turn heat to low, simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Pour over steak and serve.