Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I always double the sauce because I find there isn't enough. Add more mustard if you want, but be careful because it can be overwhelming.
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin or 4 rib eye steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream, do not substitute
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- Press pepper into steaks on both sides.
- Cook steaks in a little oil or butter until slightly under desired doneness.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Reserve drippings.
- Combine brandy or broth,whipping cream,beef broth, and mustard.
- Slowly add to drippings scraping up browned bits.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook and stir for 4 to 5 min.
- until reduced slightly.
- Thicken with a little cornstarch/water if desired.
- Add steaks and warm, turning steaks a few times to coat well with sauce.
We have made this twice and it was superb both times. Doubling the sauce is recommended as suggested. We used fresh mushrooms instead of the canned ones. We browned the mushrooms in the oil after removing the steaks. We had to remove the mushrooms before continuing, but it was worth the small amount of extra effort. Thanks for posting this recipe!
We loved this!Will make again.Thanks Linda