Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to prepare! Classic French cuisine combines peppercorns, Cognac and cream for a simple but sophisticated meal. Originally an Atkins recipe but I use regular ketchup instead of unsweetened and tenderloin rather than sirloin.
- 1⁄2 cup black peppercorns
- 2 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- Crush the peppercorns in a food grinder or place in a plastic bag and flatten them with a rolling pin.
- Press peppercorns onto both sides of the steaks.
- Heat oil in very hot skillet.
- Cook steaks 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add cream, ketchup and Cognac. Bring to a boil, stirring, loosening any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Lower heat and simmer the sauce for 2 minutes or till slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over steaks and serve immediately.