Recipe by breezermom
This salad is great, in that it only takes about 30 minutes to throw together using leftover grilled steak. I have adapted it from a chicken salad recipe from cooking light.
Top Review by Maito
Delicious entree salad, a great combination together and easy for a complete meal. I used less mustard and added some blue cheese to it. I am sure adding whatever veggies you like would work as well. Thanks for this recipe!
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups grilled steak, thinly sliced (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package gourmet salad greens (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, combine parsley, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Add 1 tsp salt to pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add asparagus, and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Quarter potatoes. Place the potatoes, asparagus, steak, onion, and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.