Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This salad is great, in that it only takes about 30 minutes to throw together using leftover grilled steak. I have adapted it from a chicken salad recipe from cooking light.
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups grilled steak, thinly sliced (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package gourmet salad greens (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- To prepare dressing, combine parsley, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Add 1 tsp salt to pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add asparagus, and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Quarter potatoes. Place the potatoes, asparagus, steak, onion, and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Delicious entree salad, a great combination together and easy for a complete meal. I used less mustard and added some blue cheese to it. I am sure adding whatever veggies you like would work as well. Thanks for this recipe!
We loved it! The crispy green salad is such a nice compliment to the grilled steak! I added a few garlic croutons and some shredded cheddar cheese. After reading the other reviews and knowing from past experience that dressings made with red wine vinegar are too tart for us, I switched it to apple cider vinegar instead. This change worked out really well for us. Thanks, breezermom! Made for 123 tag.
Liked this very much. Used a mix of romaine and arugula for the greens. I also found the dressing a bit too tart and would change it a bit next time. I added some gold cherry tomatoes which added some nice color to the salad. Also added some fresh thyme, as it looked so nice in the garden. An easy and tasty light meal.