Steak and Vegetable Skewers With Soy-Ginger Marinade
- 2 1⁄2 lbs steak, 1 inch thick, cut into cubes (any kind, we use flank or sirloin)
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 6 skewers (if using wood skewers, soak in water)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Cut onions and peppers into 1-inch pieces. Cut steak into 1-inch cubes. Divide marinade in half and marinate the vegetables and meat in separate gallon-size bags for 2 hours. Remove vegetables and meat from marinade. Place steak, onions, and peppers on the skewer while alternating varieties.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling. Grill kabobs over coals (approximately 450°-500°F) for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and serve.