Recipe by TDUB
Delicious comfort food for a cold winter night. Serve with red wine and a tossed salad.
- 1 lb round steaks or 1 lb sirloin tip steak
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 ounces sweet peas
- 1⁄2 cup fresh carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons red wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 8 frozen baking powder biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak or roast in chunks and brown in oil and 1 Tblsp butter.
- Reduce heat and saute mushrooms, garlic, onions, carrots, peas in same pan until tender.
- Transfer meat and mushrooms to pie dish, leaving juices.
- To the drippings in skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, stir in flour and cook 2 minutes to form a roux.
- Stir in just a bit of broth or water until a smooth gravy is formed.
- Stir in red wine, water and beef bouillon
- Pour over meat and vegis in pie dish and begin baking @ 400 for 30 minutes.
- Top with biscuits and bake 15 minutes more or until browned.