Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ripped out of a magazine, just not sure which!?# :-/
Make and share this Steak and Tomato-Baked Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat; add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the tomatoes with the mushroom mixture; transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Pack down the filling, crack 1 egg on top of each and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the egg whites are just opaque, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Meanwhile, preheat an oiled grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and grill, turning halfway through, for 12 to 14 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and remaining 1 tbsp olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add the watercress and toss.
- Serve alongside the steak and tomato-baked eggs.