Recipe by MISSJ1978
This came from the May 2005 issue of Family Circle magazine. Tried it last night and loved it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small white-skinned potatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, caps only, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Toss potatoes with olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 400F for 30 minutes. Turn halfway through.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat broiler or grill. Season steak with remaining garlic salt and pepper. Broil or grill steak 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Allow to rest before slicing.
- Melt butter in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms and cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sherry off the heat. Return to heat; cook for 1 minute. In a small bowl, mix together broth and cornstarch. Stir into skillet and simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in oregano and Worcestershire sauce. To serve, slice steak on an angle; spoon mushroom sauce on top. Serve with potatoes.