1 hr 30 mins
This recipe comes from Better Homes and Garden. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my list of dinners to make next week. My husband is a "steak and potatoes" guy, so I know he'll like it, and I'm looking forward to trying Salsa Verde.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs small new yukon gold potatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-2 lb rib eye steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Roast, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- 2Meanwhile, brush remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil on steaks. Season with salt and pepper. If using a charcoal grill, grill on rack, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare. If using gas grill, preheat it to medium heat and place steaks on rack over heat. Cover and grill 10-12 minutes for medium rare.
- 3Slice romaine into six 2-inch-thick slices, reserving tops for another use. Prepare Salsa Verde by mixing together all ingredients and then seasoning with the salt and pepper.
- 4Place a slice of romaine on each serving plate; drizzle with 1/2 of the Salsa Verde. Toss warm potatoes with remaining sauce and green onions. Spoon onto romaine. Thinly slice steak and place on top of potatoes. Serve right away.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Roasted Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.1
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 176.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 12.6 g