Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Better Homes and Garden. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my list of dinners to make next week. My husband is a "steak and potatoes" guy, so I know he'll like it, and I'm looking forward to trying Salsa Verde.
- 2 lbs small new yukon gold potatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2-2 lb rib eye steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Roast, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, brush remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil on steaks. Season with salt and pepper. If using a charcoal grill, grill on rack, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare. If using gas grill, preheat it to medium heat and place steaks on rack over heat. Cover and grill 10-12 minutes for medium rare.
- Slice romaine into six 2-inch-thick slices, reserving tops for another use. Prepare Salsa Verde by mixing together all ingredients and then seasoning with the salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of romaine on each serving plate; drizzle with 1/2 of the Salsa Verde. Toss warm potatoes with remaining sauce and green onions. Spoon onto romaine. Thinly slice steak and place on top of potatoes. Serve right away.