Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushes
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 lb steak
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 lime
- Clean the steak with the lime to give it a tangy flavor.
- Heat up the oil and garlic cloves.
- In a separate pot, boil the water.
- Then add the tomatoes and onions to the oil.
- Next add one tbsp of cumin.
- after the veggies soften a little add the steak and the other tbsp of cumin.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the rice and turn down the water to simmer and cover until rice is cooked.
- Serve the meat and vegetables over rice. If cooked correctly there will be a sauce to pour over the plate.