1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Good southern cookin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet on medium-high.
- 2Sprinkle flour, pepper, and salt on both sides of steak pieces.
- 3Carefully add the steak to the skillet and cook until browned.
- 4Flip each steak over and cook on the other side.
- 5A dark-brown (not burned) crust should have formed on the bottom of the skillet.
- 6Push meat to one side of the skillet.
- 7Add chopped onions and garlic with a sprinkling of water to dissolve the crust.
- 8Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking onions until soft.
- 9Add tomato paste, beef broth, and parsley; simmer.
- 10Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- 11Serve over hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.1
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 234.7 mg
- Sodium 557.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 76.9 g