Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
Good southern cookin
Make and share this Steak and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet on medium-high.
- Sprinkle flour, pepper, and salt on both sides of steak pieces.
- Carefully add the steak to the skillet and cook until browned.
- Flip each steak over and cook on the other side.
- A dark-brown (not burned) crust should have formed on the bottom of the skillet.
- Push meat to one side of the skillet.
- Add chopped onions and garlic with a sprinkling of water to dissolve the crust.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking onions until soft.
- Add tomato paste, beef broth, and parsley; simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.