Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the Kraft Winter 'Whats Cooking'. I made a few changes to it to suit our tastes and it was a hit.
- 1 lb beef steak, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups carrots
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup classic herb salad dressing
- Cut carrots into matchsticks.
- Fry the meat in oil in a large frying pan at high heat until browned. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute onions until just tender. Remove from pan and put with the meat.
- Saute mushrooms for about 2 minutes. Put with the meat and onion.
- Add potatoes, carrots and water to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Add meat, onions, mushrooms and salad dressing back to the pan. Increase heat and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Thicken pan juice with cornstarch if desired.