Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Kraft. Saving this one for my husband, who thought it looked good.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (homemade or bottled)
- Cook and stir meat in oil in skillet on high heat 2 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add potatoes, carrots and water to skillet. Bring to boil; cover.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minute or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in mushrooms, onions, dressing and meat; cook and stir on high heat 5 minute or until heated through.
One thing I would change for sure is the prep time. All the chopping takes at least 30 minutes. I was also disappointed by how bland this meal was. Everyone in my family ended up adding something to theirs to make it taste better (ketchup, BBQ sauce, soy sauce, etc.). Perhaps marinating the meat would make a difference?
Good meal for a quick meat and potatoes dinner. I doubled the amount of balsamic vinaigrette because I like the flavor, and the mixture looked like it needed a little more moisture.