Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs 30 mins
This soup is great with Homemade french bread! Excellent for those cold winter nights right around the corner!
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1 lb small red potatoes, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) jar mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- Trim excess fat from beef.
- Cut beef into 1x1/4 inch pieces.
- Mix beef and remaining ingredients except water and flour in 5-quart Crock Pot slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Mix water and flour.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into soup until blended.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
A great hearty, thick and chunky soup. I used cornstarch instead of flour for thickening. I also added a bay leaf and some creole seasoning for extra spice. Very easy to make and my family gobbled it up. Thanks RecipeNut.
Very good, thick & hearty soup. Had the house smelling pretty good as it simmered away all day in the crockpot. I left the mushrooms out (DH doesn't like them) - otherwise I followed the recipe as posted. Thanks!