Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a hearty potato salad this one is - for the man that likes his "meat and taters" here it is all in one dish!!
- 3 large cooked potatoes, unpeeled, and halved
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 354.88 ml cooked beef, cut into strips
- 1 small head of lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber, cut into slices
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml white wine vinegar or 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml . Dijon mustard
- 7.39 ml horseradish
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Peel and slice potatoes. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, celery, green onions, and beef. Pour dressing over and toss gently to coat.
- In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper. This may be kept for up to a day ahead of time, and refrigerated.
- To Serve, separate lettuce leaves, arrange on a plate, spoon salad over top. Garnish with tomatoes and cucumbers.
I thought this was a unique and wonderful way to use up leftover beef roast and potatoes. I never would have thought of this! I didn't change anything except add a little extra horserasdish to the dressing. Yum! This makes boring leftovers a lot more exciting.... and colorful. Thanx!