One of our favorites adapted from Eatingwell. This recipe is full of bold flavors. We also think the sauce would make a great salad dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (I use Ancho)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/4 lbs steak, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1If using Bamboo Skewers start them soaking in water so they don't burn on the grill.
- 2Combine cilantro, vinegar, sour cream, garlic, chile powder, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3Preheat grill to high.
- 4Toss steak, peppers and onion pieces with oil and remaining salt in a bowl. Thread steak, peppers and onions onto eight skewers. **I thread all my meats and veggies seperate as we like our steak medium rare but prefer our peppers and onions to be a little more charred. I also "double" thread the veggies (using 2 skewers, about 1/2" apart) so the veggies are easier to turn on the grill and don't just "spin" on the skewer. It takes some time but is worth it. Grill all to desired doneness.
- 5Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Poblano Kebabs With Creamy Cilantro Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.5
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 397.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 43.3 g