Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of our favorites adapted from Eatingwell. This recipe is full of bold flavors. We also think the sauce would make a great salad dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (I use Ancho)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1⁄4 lbs steak, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- If using Bamboo Skewers start them soaking in water so they don't burn on the grill.
- Combine cilantro, vinegar, sour cream, garlic, chile powder, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Toss steak, peppers and onion pieces with oil and remaining salt in a bowl. Thread steak, peppers and onions onto eight skewers. **I thread all my meats and veggies seperate as we like our steak medium rare but prefer our peppers and onions to be a little more charred. I also "double" thread the veggies (using 2 skewers, about 1/2" apart) so the veggies are easier to turn on the grill and don't just "spin" on the skewer. It takes some time but is worth it. Grill all to desired doneness.
- Serve with sauce.