Recipe by yooper
A wonderful main dish salad you can serve either warm or cold. The horseradish adds a bit of heat.
Top Review by Bill Hilbrich
This recipe scales down to a solo serving very nicely. I put the salt and pepper, along with just a touch of olive oil on a beef chuck eye steak,and fried it intact in a hot cast iron pan, 3 1/2 minutes to each side and then sliced the meat and followed the rest of the recipe as written. Thank You, I will definitely make this dish again.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, rince, and cover to keep warm if serving warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add steak and onion and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until steak is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, salt, black pepper and remaining 3 tablesoons oil; mix well.
- Add cooked pasta, beef mixture, broccoli, and tomatoes.
- Toss until well combined and serve.