Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This little gem is from one of my mom's cookbooks called Still Cookin' Around French Corner.Hope you enjoy!!!!
- Lightly grease an iron skillet.
- Put on fire and let become hot.
- Sear both sides of steak.
- Reduce heat and add onions and 1T butter.
- Cover and cook on low heat,stir often.
- Cook about 20 minutes or to your tastes.
- Remove steak from pan and add 1/2c. water and bring to a boil.
- Serve with baked potatoes or over steak.
Hey lady! Now that is my kind of cook~N ! Iron skillet and all!
My hubby and kids really liked this steak. It came out very tender. To me it was lacking flavor, and I just didn't care too much for the cooking method-the steak was simmered in liquid basically. All considered it was an easy recipe to prepare, and my family enjoyed it.
This turned out really great. I needed to thicken the liquid from the onions a little, and the steak was a little tough for our tastes, but that's just stuff that requires tweaking. I'd cook for a shorter time, with less water next time, or possibly, conversely, use a little more water with a longer cook time. But it's a great recipe, anyway!