Simple and basic; husband loves
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb flank steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms or 1 cup white button mushrooms
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 torpedo rolls, spit down the center
- 4 slices sharp provolone cheese
- 1Season steak with salt and black pepper.
- 2Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add steak, and cook to desired doneness, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare and 5 minutes per side for medium-well.
- 3Transfer steak to a work surface; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a separate large skillet over med-low heat; add onions, and sprinkle with sugar; cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add mushrooms and peppers; cook 2-3 minutes, or until a few brown spots appear.
- 6Add Worcestershire sauce and cook another 2-3 minutes; remove from heat.
- 7Butter interior of rolls with remaining butter.
- 8Place face down on a large skillet over medium heat and brown until crispy.
- 9Meanwhile, slice cooked steak on the diagonal.
- 10Lay 2 cheese slices onto an opened torpedo roll.
- 11Top cheese with half the steak, then with half the vegetables.
- 12Repeat for the second sandwich; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Onion Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.0
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 1425.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 46.0 g