This is from a book of Old Pioneer Recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onions slowly in melted shortening until yellow. Remove onions and set aside.
- 2Slice meat into one inch cubes and toss in a mixture of flour and spices.
- 3Brown meat cutes in the hot melted shortening.
- 4Add boiling water.
- 5Cover skillet and cook over low heat approximately one hour.
- 6Add potatoes and cook 15 minutes more.
- 7Arrange onions over top of mixture.
- 8Pour into a greased 8-inch casserole dish.
- 9Fit pastry crust over top.
- 10Slit top with knife and seal edges of crust.
- 11Bake in 450 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Onion Pie
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.3
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1437.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 31.8 g