Recipe by English_Rose
Steak and onions cooked in red wine and mustard make a luxury filling for the humble baked potato. Add a green salad to complete the meal.
- 2 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 6 -8 ounces rump steak, cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons red wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub the potatoes and place in the oven.
- After the potatoes have been cooking for 45 minutes heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions until golden brown and soft (this should take about 15 minutes).
- Increase the heat, add the steak and fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
- Stir in the mustard, wine and seasoning, and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- When the potatoes are cooked cut them in half lengthways and spoon in the steak and onion filling. Serve immediately garnished with freshly chopped parsley.