Recipe by Hey Jude
This will stick to their ribs! Easy and best of all...tasty! Cook time does not include cooking the bean time (I use canned beans).
Top Review by Vickycatchytorie
I made this with leftover medium-rare cooked tri tip steak and with lima beans. I cooked it for about 15 minutes longer due to the beans, and it was fantastic! The meat was tender and the flavor was great. It was a great way to use up 2 pounds of leftover steak.
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked but still firm navy beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan,cook round steak in oil until browned; add beans, tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a 2-quart casserole; spread onions over the bean mixture, then sprinkle with half the brown sugar.
- Add remaining half of bean mixture, sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Lay strips of bacon over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325° oven for about 1 hour.