Recipe by Nancy S.
Substitute boneless chicken or pork for the steak. Serve the kebobs over cooked rice or Asian noodles.
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless steak, of your choice trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 small button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the honey with the soy sauce, vinegar and garlic in a large bowl; transfer one half to a microwave0safe bowl and set aside, Toss the steak, mushrooms, red pepper and onion with the remaining honey mixture until evenly coated. Alternately thread the steak and vegetables onto four 12 inch wooden skewers.
- Turn the grill on. Select M program and press OK. Lightly grease the cooking plates with cooking spray. Once the purple indicator light has stopped flashing, place the kebobs on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the beef is cooked to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch into the reserved honey mixture. Microwave, on high, stirring once, for 60 seconds or until thick and glossy, brush evenly over the kebobs just before serving.