This is a great savory salad that is THE perfect way to take care of any leftover steak. It couldn't be easier to prepare, and when served with a a crusty loaf of fresh, hot garlic bread it is the perfect lunch or supper when you want something light, but satisfying.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced steak
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, soy sauce, parsley, scallions, salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms and steak and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add salad greens and toss evenly.
This is a fantastic way to eat steak! I doubled the scallions, because I love them. All the flavors were perfect together. I'll be using this recipe whenever I'm grilling steaks. Thanx for sharing!
I had a piece of steak left over from last nights dinner so looked for a steak salad recipe for my lunch - I am very happy that I found yours - so easy and very tasty. I served Feta cheese stuffed Jalapenos along with it Thanks for an enjoyable luncg