Recipe by carolinafan
From Taste of Home.
Top Review by vrvrvr
This was great! I had to sub homemade cream of mushroom soup (easy - butter, flour, beef broth, milk, sherry and a can of mushrooms). I loved the idea of serving this over thick tomato slices! That was a revelation and it tasted really good, plus the colors on the plate were attractive. Thanks for posting this flavorful recipe. I thought the only thing it needed extra was a little salt.
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin (3/4-inch thick) or 1 lb top round steak (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice beef into very thin strips. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.
- Remove beef from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until crisp-tender.
- Add spinach and cook just until spinach is wilted.
- Add soup and water. Bring to a boil.
- Return beef to skillet and heat through. Serve beef mixture over tomato. Season to taste with pepper.