1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I guess you could call this "a poor mans beef stroganoff." I invented it because I love stroganoff but couldn't afford a tender cut of steak! You can also substitute chicken for the steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut meat into cubes.
- 2Heat a little cooking oil in a large saucepan or fry pan.
- 3Add meat and brown well.
- 4Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5Add sliced onion and sauté 3 minutes.
- 6Remove from pan and set aside with meat.
- 7Add a little extra oil to pan.
- 8Add flour and stir over low heat til golden.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Stir in wine, water, crumbled stock cube and tomato paste.
- 11Stir to combine, return to heat and bring to boil.
- 12Return meat and onions to the pan.
- 13Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 14Add sliced mushrooms, cover and continue to simmer for 1/2 hour more.
- 15Stir through sour cream and serve immediately.
- 16Alternatively serve sour cream dolloped on top of each serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Mushroom Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.3
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 262.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 24.9 g