1/1 Photo of Steak and Mushroom Baked Potato Topping
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Another Tater Topping recipe from Paula Deen's "Celebrates!" cookbook. She states, "This is for people like me-meat and potato eaters!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs top round steaks, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil and brown the steak strips and onion.
- 2Remove the steak and onions from the pan. Add the butter and melt over low heat.
- 3Whisk in the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- 4Whisk in the beef broth and stir until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 5Return the beef and onions to the pan. Add the mushrooms.
- 6Simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- 7Taste, then season with the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- 8The topping can be refrigerated, covered, up to this point.
- 9Just before serving, reheat gently and stir in the sour cream.
- 10Do not allow the topping to boil.
- 11Keep hot in a crockpot or chafing dish over very low heat.
- 12Serve over baked potatoes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Mushroom Baked Potato Topping
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 299.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 28.2 g