Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- Trim beef to remove fat. Cut away white tissues from kidney and cut into small pieces.
- Cube the beef.
- Brown meat in oil.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour; add beef broth slowly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding water if necessary.
- Place in pie crust. Cover with top crust. Brush with egg yolk and milk glaze. Bake in 350 degrees oven until golden brown, about 1 hour, more if necessary.