Recipe by threeovens
Taco stand type taco made with spice-rubbed steak, fresh herbs and fresh cheese!
Top Review by Member #610488
I pickled the radishes but everything else was the same. Wow! Talk about an amazing dish. Hot weather here in Seattle allowed the grill to be used and this recipe is quick and easy as well as very tasty. Served with several types of salsas, both bottled and homemade. Made for ZWT 8.
- 1 lb top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram or 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 ounces queso fresco or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steak in a shallow dish.
- Combine marjoram, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, cayenne and oil; spread on beef, covering all sides, cover, and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Grill steak, over medium heat, for 7 to 9 minutes per side for medium rare,or to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place on grill for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Let steak rest, then cut across the grain into slices or chunks.
- On each tortilla, layer steak, tomatoes, onion, radish, and cilantro; crumble cheese on top and serve with lime wedges.