1/2 Photos of Steak and Halibut Chimichurri
Good looking surf and turf recipe from Family Circle. You will need at least 30 minutes for marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 strips steaks (each about 1/2 inch thick, 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1 lb halibut fillet, with skin
- 1To make chimichurri sauce mix oil, lime juice, garlic, onion, cilantro, oregano, salt, cayenne and black pepper (can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated, covered).
- 2In plastic food-storage bag, combine 1/3 cup chimichurri sauce and steaks; seal.
- 3Cut halibut fillet into 4 serving pieces. In a second plastic food-storage bag, combine 1/3 cup chimichurri sauce and halibut; seal.
- 4Reserve remaining 1/3 cup sauce.
- 5Marinate steak and halibut in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 6Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals arranged for direct grilling, or heat gas grill for direct grilling. Remove steak and halibut from marinade; discard marinade.
- 7Grill steak and halibut 10 minutes, covered, turning steak after 5 minutes for medium-rare, and halibut flakes when prodded with a fork. Serve steak and fish with reserved chimichurri sauce.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Halibut Chimichurri
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 403.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 34.3 g