1/2 Photos of Steak and Fennel Croissant Sandwiches
Yummy! My twist on a recipe from Cooking Light. Recipe for homemade Mayonnaise included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups fennel, thinly sliced, about 1 bulb
- 16 ounces beef tenderloin steaks, about 1-inch thick
- 8 teaspoons homemade mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 4 croissants, split in half and lightly toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- 1In a small bowl, combine fennel seeds, salt, cumin and black pepper.
- 2Heat 2 t olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sliced fennel and 1/2 teaspoon of spice mixture. Saute 15 minutes or until fennel is tender and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to bowl.
- 3Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture on steaks. Add steaks to pan and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan and let steaks stand 10 minutes. Thinly slice steaks.
- 4To make sandwiches, spread each cut side of croissant with 1 teaspoon of mayo. Layer starting on the bottom piece of croissant- layer 1/4 beef, 1/4 fennel, 1/4 cup arugula, and top with remaining croissant half.
- 5To make homemade mayo: Combine lemon juice, mustard, salt and egg in a blender. Gradually add in oil. Process until smooth and completely blended. Makes 3/4 cup.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Fennel Croissant Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4158.8
- Calories from Fat 3197
- Total Fat 355.2 g
- Saturated Fat 100.0 g
- Cholesterol 696.5 mg
- Sodium 3884.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 136.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 110.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: