1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a hearty breakfast casserole that can be made ahead. It looks delicious and could be served for breakfast, brunch or dinner. The recipe is from Paula Deen's magazine. The preparation time does not include the time for refrigerating overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package English muffins, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded (calls for Monterey Jack-Colby cheese blend)
- 1 (8 ounce) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- fresh oregano (optional)
- 1In large bowl, combine steak, salt and pepper, tossing gently to coat.
- 2In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add steak; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Add garlic, onion and bell pepper; cook for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- 5In 3-quart baking dish, place English muffins evenly over bottom.
- 6Top with steak mixture.
- 7Sprinkle evenly with cheeses and Italian seasoning.
- 8In large bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half and milk until smooth; pour over casserole.
- 9Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- 10Remove casserole from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 11Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 12Bake casserole for 1 hour and 10-20 minutes, or until eggs are set in center.
- 13Cover with aluminum foil, if necessary, to prevent excess browning.
- 14Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 15Garnish with fresh oregano, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Eggs Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.0
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 427.5 mg
- Sodium 1012.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 55.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: