Recipe is from Rachael Ray's magazine. It was adapted from The Universal Cook, circa 1780; courtesy of The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large, heavy skillet, melt 1 T butter over medium-high heat.
- 2Season 2 steaks with salt and pepper and add to the pan, weighting them down with a Dutch-oven or another skillet.
- 3Cook until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer the steaks to a large platter, cover loosely with foil and repeat with another tablespoon butter and the remaining 2 steaks.
- 5In same skillet, add the mushrooms, shallots and garlic.
- 6Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are softened and the shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 7Reduce the heat to medium, add the beer and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- 8Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining 1 t butter and the Worcestershire sauce.
- 9Top each steak with the mushroom mixture.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Drunken Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 861.6
- Calories from Fat 545
- Total Fat 60.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 245.0 mg
- Sodium 227.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 66.1 g