Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar on February 13, 2005.
- 2 lbs top round steaks
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic or 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Steak should be cut in thin slices.
- Pound steak out until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and garlic salt and rub into steak on both sides.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then cut into 8-10 serving pieces.
- Heat butter in a large, heavy frying pan and brown steak on both sides over moderate heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped onion and add bullion.
- Bring to a boil, cover pan, and simmer for 1 hour or until steak is tender.
- Sprinkle cheese and parsley over top, cover again, and cook another minute or so to melt cheese.
- Good served with hot fluffy rice.
Awesome, great recipe, my family loved it.
Really really good. We all enjoyed this, even my 4 yr old daughter!
This is good stuff, even without the cheese.