Yes, you CAN marinate burgers! What you'll get is a highly flavorful hunk o' meat! NEVER EVER squeeze the juice out of a burger while cooking. First of all, it's against the law in 48 states, but also it leaves your burgers dry. Can't have that now can we?
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 drops liquid smoke (I prefer the Mesquite flavor, but use it sparingly, as too much will cause a bitter taste.)
- 3 -5 drops sesame oil
- garlic (I use 2 tablespoons)
- cracked black pepper (Lots of it!)
- yellow mustard (enough to make it a nice light brown color)
- Pour over burgers or steaks and let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour. (Roughly the time it takes to watch that Sopranos episode you missed on HBO On Demand) You can even mix a little into the burger while forming patties.
- Cook over hardwood charcoal fire. Grill should be hot enough to sear outside quickly.