Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy and quick from Gourmet.
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 French baguettes or 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 (5 ounce) package boursin cheese (herb or pepper)
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- Preheat broiler. Pat steak dry and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Put on rack of a broiler pan and broil 2 to 3 inches from heat, turning over once, 6 to 8 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- While steak broils, cut baguette into 4 sections, then halve each horizontally. Spread boursin over bottom halves of bread.
- While steak stands, cut off and discard core end of romaine, then lay romaine on top of Boursin.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices and divide among sandwiches.
Wow! Outstanding! Gourmet and restaurant quality or even better. The best steak sandwich ever!!! I can't say enough good things about it. The only change I made was to use baby arugula/baby spinach mix. I served it with a cherry tomato and bocconcini salad. Thank you for making me look like a professional chef. This will be my go to sandwich when company arrives. I'm going to check out the rest of your recipes now...
Had left over marinated flank steak and made this sandwich for DH and my older son to take to a football game today (Giants). I left off the salt. pepper and romaine but just used the boursin and flank steak on the baguette rolls. I know they'll love it.