Here is the recipe I submitted for the Online Cooking Star Competition. It is fast, easy, healthy, DELICIOUS, and you can even use it to cook up leftovers. Sub in any meat that you like, we love steak the best, and you cal also switch out the cheeses. It makes a beautiful little appetizer or serve it for a "gourmet in a flash" meal. I use barley wraps in order to try to get other grains besides just wheat into our diet. They taste really great too! The word going around is that Arugula and Rocket are the same thing, so you may know it by it's other name.
- Finely dice the red onion.
- Slice or grate the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Heat up a saute pan and place the wrap down onto it. Cover half of it with the cheese, 1/2 of the red onion, arugula, and steak.
- Fold it over and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Using kitchen shears or a knife, cut it into strips for serving.
- Meanwhile start on the Lemon Avocado Mash by opening and scooping the avacado into a bowl.
- Add in a clove of finely minced garlic and the other teaspoon of minced red onion.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and add salt to taste.
- Using a fork, mash it up until it is a nice chunky consistency.
- Serve on the side of the wrapadillas.