Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Thought this sounded like and interesting low fat sandwich. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tri-tip steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (tri-color mix includes green and red cabbage and carrots)
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 8 (8 -10 inch) whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- In a small cup combine cinnamon and pepper. Press evenly onto steaks.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and place steaks in skillet; cook for 10 minutes or until steaks are done, turning occasionally.
- In a large bowl combine hoisin sauce and honey.
- Cut steaks into thin slices; season with salt.
- Add steak slices, coleslaw mix and apple in bowl with hoisin sauce mixture; toss to coat.
- Place equal amounts of mixture down center of each tortilla, leaving a 1 1/2 border on each side. Fold bottom edge up over filling and fold sides to center; secure with a toothpick if necessary.
well this was okay however the cinnamon was a little too strong on the meat if I should repeat this recipe I will only use a pinch or omit completely, thanks for sharing ellie!