Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced fine
- Simply mix all ingredients together.
- You can let the meat sit in here for up to 24 hours.
- I would highly suggest a grilling, or even a pan frying of the meat of your choice. Add a little bit of butter to the pan if you are going to cook it in a skillet.
I worked for Steak and Ale, the spiel we were taught was "pineapple, sherry, soy sauce and ginger." There was no red or white wine in the marinade, and no vinegar like I've seen in other recipes. There is also sugar and garlic powder in the mix. 48 hours is optimum soak time for both steaks and chicken. If anybody is into the Burgundy Mushrooms from Steak n Ale there was also no lemon juice like I've seen in some of these silly copykat recipes.
I made this for friends comming over and grilling steak. I liked the fact that you can marinade it overnight and all the ingredients i had on had and they were few. I was sure hoping it would come out as good as the reviews and sure enough raves from everyone. It is a awesome marinade and looking forward to using it again.
I made this scaled down for one little steak for myself, and man, was it YUMMY! Very savory and sweet, really delicious marinade!! So good, in fact, I made it again for our dinner tonight, and it was even BETTER! This second time, I added more pineapple juice and less sugar, but only because I liked the taste!